Tuesday 20 April 2010

Officially too old for ecstasy,too young for the bowling green.


Thank you for your lovely birthday messages and to those who wrote they had actually noted my absence.That's probably the biggest compliment for me,blog - wise.

The last few weeks I have lost 3 lbs.I've not weighed in this week though,clean sheet as of tomorrow.I think its been a total wipe out with total decadence.Partying from Friday night through to Monday night and back to the realities of work today :(


So,the big 3-0.Apparently the 30's are the new 20's and I can totally vouch for that.I can still party and have fun like I'm 18 (OK,maybe not
as hardcore as I used to be!),the Scotsman and I can still laugh and have fun like teenagers in love,no kids = no responsibility and answering totally to me and me alone......OK,maybe sometimes the Scotsman gets a look in ;P But yet I don't have all the angst and emotional baggage and general shite I felt in my 20's.

I've done a hell of a lot in my 20's (backpacked all around the world,including an overland trip from Sydney to Glasgow,but that's another blog post) and know there's so much more to come......and this time I'll have my love by my side.

Sooooooo,everything else is pretty much sorted in my life (except for a career.Damn I wish I'd stayed in Uni.Younger readers take note.STAY IN UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE/ETC.)Now I need to get my weight loss head on and get serious.


I'm feeling uber motivated as I've received
a lot comments from colleagues,flatmate and friends who've noticed my weight loss,and I had to do a double take when I caught myself in a full length mirror at a bar the other day.I actually have a waist! An hourglass figure is emerging!!!!!!!

Nothing like vanity to kick a girl up the arse!

1 comments:

Emma Powick said...

Happy belated birthday galah! Hope you had a fab one.
Emma x