I freaking LURVE making lists.Quite ironic as I am super dis-organised,scatty brained and unbelievably messy,so said lists often get lost in the jumble that is my room. I have however written yet another list with a plan of action.
(1) Join the leisure centre where I swim.Swimming is £2.20 a pop and the year long month membership is £31.50 which includes my swimming and use of the gym plus any classes going.My new shift patterns now mean that my sleepover shifts start at 8am and finish at 8am the next day.Seeing as the leisure centre is only a 20 minute walk away from work,the early mornings are a perfect time to really crank it up and try some gym work or a class,finishing off with a swim.
(2) Join WW online again.I'm a very visual person and while I've mentioned before that the points system is too restricting for me,I nonetheless like following the plan loosely.Above all,I love the online tracker and weight chart etc.Plus of course the recipes and the recipe builder are very handy.
(3) Finally got myself a digital camera,I will take progress photos every month so I can really see the difference for myself.No matter how many people tell me I look as though I've lost weight I still can't seem to get into my head that that 10lb loss has equaled a drop in size on the bottom for me.I keep buying size 24 jeans instead of 22 resulting in much inadvertent arse flashing to my poor colleagues and flatmates.
(4) Get more organised and cook,track my food intake and exercise.I can't even remember the last time I cooked fro myself.
(5) Now don't think I'm getting all new agey on you but next on the list is to set up a vision board with my lovely leopard print dress hanging from it.My flatmate is currently reading 'The Secret' and apparently a vision board is one of the first steps to getting goals accomplished.I also shouldn't be saying 'hopefully' this will be the last time I lose weight,I should be saying 'This WILL be that last attempt.I WILL be successful.I WILL get to goal.'etc.etc.
(6) Put £2 into my chocolate money box everyday I don't eat junk (it literally does say 'chocolate money' on it) This will go towards my new motivation....................
Of course,a tattoo! I had always thought that the Scotsman hated my tattoos.I now have 7,and they are all quite large and in prominent places.Both my upper arms are covered,the back of my neck,my right wrist,my right shoulder blade and of course my very first ever one was a 'tramp stamp'.
It was actually the Scotsman's idea to get our tattoo on holiday.He also had no problems with me getting it on my left forearm,quite large and prominent.In fact,after seeing it,he said he wished he had got his there too.
He's always known that had it been more socially acceptable,I would love to get a tropical flower design going all the way down my left arm from my bicep (who am I kidding?!?!? Bicep!) tattoo down to my wrist.After we got our tattoos,he said to me 'You're halfway to getting your arm covered'. I said to him i would leave it at that,and he then came up with a design for me incorporating all the elements I wanted.That's when the ensuing conversation about my tattoos started and the idea of my arm tattoo being my new motivation started.I will not get it until I have reached my goal size!!!
We talked about social acceptability and he said to me 'There's nothing wrong with a pretty young lady having tattoos!' Pretty and young and lady being used in the same sentence will just about sell anything to me ;P
So there you go,I shall soon be a pretty young lady with tattoos,strutting in Louboutins and a polka dot pencil skirt!