Thursday 4 August 2011

Eating out????/




I know I said I wouldn't blog again till I had successful losses but I can't shut the hell up,so here I am.

I wanted to ask how you combat eating out?

The big problem the Scotsman and I have is going out.As I've
said before,we see each other once a week on average.Now it's becoming more as he's early shifts and I no longer do so many sleepovers and nights.

As we have no kids and Glasgow has an ABUNDANCE of watering holes offering cheap pre-theatre deals we inevitably end up going out at least once a week,brunch or dinner.And while I rarely drink when I'm working on my days off I'm a total lush!

I have been really trying to have lime-soda-vodkas when out and avoiding my beloved cocktails.Much to my chagrin I found Mojitos to not be as low fat as I thought.So the drinking is kinda being controlled......it's just the actual eating out.

What do you do with your friends/lovers instead of eating out?Keeping in mind Scottish weather is not exactly kind to outdoor activities.And the scotsman and I LOVE our date nights.

I mean I adore food and the whole ritual of eating out.I don't want to become one of those food nazis who orders salad and skips cake when they go out.You know the types,I read those blogs and wanna cry.I know that's probably the reason why they are slim and I'm obese but most of those bloggers look a little too skinny for my liking.And I've read somebehaviour that's a little too obsessive IMHO.Don't get me wrong,they are in the minority.I get a lot of inspiration from healthy blogs/success stories......I just want to hit a happy medium.

I will never and don't intend on becoming skinny.I am aiming for a size 14-16 and able to run after a bus and up my flights of stairs to the 3rd floor without having an asthma attack.

I know to some that's huge and that's your before but I honestly find that voluptousness damn gorgeous.

Images from dailymail.com

So,I think I will follow Paul's great lead and plan the WEEK in advance rather than day to day.And any activity points/weekly are to be used on alcohol only.If not used,they're not eaten.So I will be back in a few days to post up my weeks menu.

In other news,we will be heading down to London again on 1st September to lodge our visa application.We have been reading on immigration forums that straightforward ones like ours can take as little as a week! EEK! We could possibly be home by November!!!!!

It's definitely time to move on.Glasgow and I have had a real roller-coaster relationship over the past 7 years,not to mention the 5 stone weight gain.I adore Scotland itself but Glasgow I can take or leave.We've both reached as far as we can go in our prospective careers,in fact I've gone backwards down the career ladder.

I'm tired of 4 day summers and endless winters.I'm basically ready to go back home to the sun and surf,relaxed way of life and working to live,not living to work.Fate called me here and gave me my Scotsman,now it's time for the next chapter in our lives.Fingers X'd......I really don't know what we will do if we don't get this visa!!!!!

3 comments:

Linz M said...

I am totally with you on this one too. Eating out is my passion, I love food, I'd hate to exist on veg and dust in order to be skinny, it's just to hideous to contemplate. I'm just trying to be a bit more sensible about it from now on... I eat out far too much to constantly be treating myself.

I am also aiming for a 14-16, I can't stand the skin and bones look and I really don't want to to lose my curves. I guess it's just finding a happy medium... I just haven't blooming found it yet!

xx

Miss Frangipani said...

Hell yeah!I'm actually disturbed by certain blogs I've come across-it's bordering on eating disorder territory!!!The ladies are frighteningly skinny.I mean fab losses but then they take it that step too far.I've actually read of people bringing their entire Home made 3 course meals to friends dinner parties!!!!!I want to lose weight but I don't want my life to come to that!I think I'm going to have to reign in the eating out a bit....enjoy what I want rather than what I feel I SHOULD be having,just less times per month.x

Michele said...

OMG, I love, love, love those images! *swoooon* That last dress is to die for!!

Curves are beeeautiful!

xoxoxoxoxo