Tuesday 2 March 2010

So the verdict is..............

Last week was a pound on.I wasn't too bothered as I knew I had done loads of exercise that week - 4.5 hours and I had a few nights out and a take away night at work when I forgot to take in my own dinner.

This week was a disaster.OK,maybe I'm being a bit melodramatic.No exercise this week,lots of double shifts and 2 sleepovers,plus sleet and snow and ice which would've made walking treacherous.However I hardly got a minute to sit down at work,and was always on the go,fingers were crossed that would burn off some calories.

A few bad days of eating - my first full time wage since December,coupled with a first day off since Dec. 31st with the Scotsman equaled a decadent night out.Lots of cocktails,gorgeously,velvety smooth pate for entree,a royally approved Scottish steak (Castle of Mey) and I did make a better choice of poached pear for dessert instead of a chocolate fudge cake,and more cocktails in the Merchant City.Yes,we do live the high life when we can.We try for an indulgent date night at least once a month.

Overall I'd say that I ate well 50% of the time,coupled with no exercise I was dreading weigh in this week.So I am very amazed and surprised to say that this week I've lost........ 2 pounds!!!!!

I am now in the 18 stone bracket (just),muchos inspiration to get back into the swimming and walking,especially as Spring is here and the sun is shining upon Glasgow.I'd very nearly forgotten what it looked like!

And after a lovely Sunday afternoon spent window shopping with my wee sister,I now have a new reward/inspiration to get to goal..............but that entails a whole new post on it's own.........

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Well done on the loss!!!!

Michele said...

Congratulations, that is fabulous!!