Saturday 9 January 2010

Soup recipe and some random rambles.......

5 days on track :D I'd better have lost weight on Tues!!!!!!! I even managed to try the Pussycat dolls DVD.Soooooooooo much freaking fun! It requires a lot of co-ordination though (which I don't have.According to my sister being unco is 'embedded in my soul') so I hope the neighbours didn't get a fright.

Still no chocolate which is like my own personal Everest.I could practically inhale a crun
chie in 10 seconds flat,chocolate fudge cake was the first thing I would look for on a menu. Eating is still on track,the only thing I could really be working on is the exercise,but one hurdle at a time.

As for the recipes............ Moroccan Carrot and Lentil Soup

5 carrots
1 cup re
d lentils
1 - 2 Tbs Morrocan seasoning (I prefer 2 for a super tasty,super spiced soup)
1 vegetable or chicken stock cube (whichever you prefer)

1.Bring a medium pot of water to the boil.Add the stock cube and stir until dissolved.

2.Add the lentils,bring to a boil and boil for about 10 mins.
3.Add the peeled and chopped carrots with the Moroccan seasoning.Turn the heat down and simmer the carrots and lentils another 10 - 15 mins,till the carrots and lentils are soft,and the lentils have basically turned to mush.
4.Let the soup cool and then whizz in a blender.Enjoy!

* This made loads to be frozen,and worked out to about 1/2 point per serve due to the lentils.
* Moroccan seasoning isn't 'hot-chilli' spicy,it just adds a nice flavour.You should be able to find it in an Asian shop or even better if you have a local Middle Eastern shop.

2 comments:

Alice said...

OMG, looks sooo YUM! Will definitely give this a try. Thank you! :)

Miss Frangipani said...

Your welcome hon.It is super delicious and such a lush creamy texture.So good for a freezer emergency stand by.Let me know what you think when you test it out.x