Sunday 17 January 2010

Gonna get that rockabilly style back......



Long post coming tonight.In the meantime,here are some of those fab,1940's style,pin up rockabilly dresses that I WILL fit into dammit! Even if it takes me 2 years (more on that later)! The photos don't do them justice,please check out Collectif Clothing as that's where I bought most of these (well,cut price on Ebay of course ;P)

I've lamented before that I've lost my style since gaining weight.Like Lucci says on her fab blog,I now wear things that are flattering and suitable for my shape rather than what I actually like.This is a girl that used to wear coloured fishnets on a regular basis (I'm talking everyday wear,fuscia,electric blue,purple etc. but always classy dahling,never trashbag-like),corsets and pencil skirts for burlesque club nights,skirts full stop on a regular basis.

Well,that girl is gonna be back with a vengeance and here's some motivation for me get back to that pin up girl that used to get admiring glances walking down the street! ;)

4 comments:

Alice said...

OH WOW!!! They are the most beautiful things I've ever laid my eyes on! What a real motivation, though. I think I might buy a piece of clothing to set my targets to fit into. Best of luck and look forward to your coming post. :) x

Miss Frangipani said...

Thank Alice,I must warn you it's gonna be a long one!

Check out their shop on Ebay,it's http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/collectif-clothing The dresses are super cheap,I'm talking like £10-£15.Hence the collection I've built over the last few years.it definitely helps me to stay focused when I think of fitting into these beautiful dresses.........and I've not even begun on shoes! x

Michele said...

Gorgeous dresses and definitely inspiration for slimming down! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely collection!

Twinkle Eyes said...

Wow, you've got some stunning outfits there. I can't even choose a favourite one... I like them all, I just love the look. Beautiful, really gorgeous. Would love to be able to wear something like that one day :o) x