Monday 18 January 2010

OK,this is just getting ridiculous now!

Hate to sound like a moaning myrtle,but I seem to be getting worse not any better.Hardly slept in the last 3 days due to the constant coughing and congestion.I don't think I'm doing myself any favours by continually working crazy shifts and doing sleepover shift upon sleepover.i actually think I'll call in sick Tuesday just to give my body an extra day to rest and recover.

On a more positive note,weigh in Tuesday was a huge surprise.2 lb's which means 4 lb's in 2 weeks.Quite chuffed with that,hope I can keep this rate up each week.

Here's a wee quote which I love and always thought was attributed to Nelson Mandela but just found out was actually written by a self-help guru...................

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God/Goddess/Allah/Buddha/insert your higher power here. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God/Goddess/Allah/Buddha/insert your higher power here,that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

I'm going to leave it at that as my brain is fuzz and just not working to it's full potential,or that could be all the over the counter meds I've imbibed to try and feel semi human again.

1 comments:

Jaframity said...

No, let it out! If you can't have a moan on your own blog, where can you?

Gosh, that quote turns on its head everything I think about myself.

Hooray on the 2lb loss, boo on the continuing illness. I've joined you with a stinking cold myself now.

Last but not least, I've passed on to you the Beautiful Blog Award. Read about it on my blog. I don't mind if you don't do the 7 things post or the 7 nominations, I just wanted you to know how much I like your blog.